Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Quick Thought

Hello Friends and Family,

I pray all is well with you.

I have a quick thought for you today that has guided my prayers and my thoughts today. It was my devotion today and it comes from "The Imitation of Christ" by Thomas a Kempis. Read the words...read them again...let them sink in...reflect on their meaning and say, "God, speak."

"The life of a good religious person should shine in all virtue and be inwardly as it appears outwardly. And it should be the much more inward, for Almighty God beholds the heart and we should always honor and reverence him as if we were always in his bodily presence, and appear before him as angels, clean and pure, shining with all virtue.

We ought every day to renew our purpose in God, and to stir our hearts to fervor and devotion, as though it were the first day of our conversion. And we ought daily to pray and say: Help me, my Lord Jesus, that I may persevere in good purpose and in your holy service unto my death, and that I may now today perfectly begin, for I have done nothing in time past."

God speak...

Take Care & God Bless,

Pastor Don

No comments:

Post a Comment