Thursday, October 8, 2009

God's Push

May you experience the power and joy of walking with our Lord today!

Allow me to share with you a powerful revelation that God placed before me today. A couple of weeks ago I shared with you in my sermon All You Really Need that I have been in a spiritual funk lately and, that in the midst of that time, God shared with me to keep holding on in the midst of the storm and to turn my focus back on Jesus. It's in times of great distress that Jesus is coming to us (sometimes in unexpected ways) to calm the storms in our lives. As I have clung to the boat of my life, spiritually tossed to and fro, I have tried my best to look for Jesus and see Him in the midst of chaotic times.

Friends, I am happy to share with you that Jesus came walking upon the waters of my life today! He has placed Himself in the midst of this broken vessel. He has calmed the waters. He has restored my soul!!!!!!!!

I went to a leadership event at the Vineyard church for lunch today and as I was listening to the speaker (who was Pastor Cory Sondrol's sister), God answered some questions and affirmed some decisions I have made, or am in the process of making. That was all nice and good...but then God really brought me to my knees. He got me good.

We watched a video from a book by David McNally, Even Eagles Need a Push. The book isn't even out yet, but there was a part of the video that spoke to me where I was at. The quote said, "Why does the thrill of soaring have to start with the fear of falling?"

I thought to myself, "That's it! That is where I am right now! I know that God is pushing me towards the edge, but I'm afraid of falling." Then God spoke, "Those who hope in Me will renew their strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." (Isaiah 40:31). What I failed to remember is that when we are pushed to the edge spiritually, personally, emotionally, professionally, relationally, God is there. While we fall we may experience our stomachs in our throats, but we won't stay there. In the midst of the falling, God has created it within us (just as He created it within the eagle) to spread our wings...trust in Him...and His Spirit will surround us and help us experience the thrill of soaring.

I got to thinking that so many times in my life I have just huddled at the edge, looking over and being too fearful to make the jump. In doing so, I am unfaithful. I display a lack of trust in God. I stay in my fear and I rob myself of the thrill of flying with our Lord.

Are you huddled at the edge? Are you afraid of what the journey may hold? Are you feeling God nudge you to a new place in your life? If you are - take the jump. Go over the edge. The fall doesn't last long - but the soaring will open up a whole new world with the Lord at your side.

Let's stop letting the fear of falling keep us from experiencing the thrill of soaring with Him. May God break through our huddled masses, nudge us over the edge, and lift us up on the strength of His wings. It is then that we soar and become ALIVE again!

Heavenly Father, I have been huddled in fear far too long, afraid of what the future holds. Afraid of exploring new territory in my life. Afraid of falling and the pain it may bring. Help me to trust in You today. Give me a gentle nudge so that I can experience what it's like to soar with You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment