Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Love

Good morning!

It's been a while since I have offered a blog post. I am happy to be back at it and to share with all of you what God is laying on my heart. The last few weeks have been a time of conflicting emotions and ardent prayers lifted up to God. As many of you know, I have been asked to take a new church appointment beginning July 1, 2012 at Hope UMC in Greenwood Village, CO (the south Denver metro area). My family is excited about the new opportunity God is giving us, while at the same time we are saddened to leave such loving and faithful people in our church and community. This transition will be a major change for me and my family. We are humbled that God, the Rocky Mountain Conference Cabinet, and the leadership at Hope UMC see within us the potential to succeed in another ministry setting. On the other hand, we feel there is so much more God wants to do here in Canon City.

It is in these conflicting moments that we have learned to trust God and His movement in our lives and to trust the work He will continue to do at FUMC Canon City. God is providing opportunities for all of us to partner with Him as He paints a beautiful picture of His Kingdom through the lives of all who consider themselves a part of His Body. We are blessed that God has created us in a way that we are forever connected.

That became so clear to me on Tuesday during staff meeting when Glenna Huskey shared a poem by her great-granddaughter, Rachael Murphy. Rachael is one of our 5th graders at FUMC. I would like to share her poem with you:

My Love
Love is often hidden to those lost in it
But my love is like a black hole trying to suck in the universe.
My love is one of a kind & can run far around the world.
My love will never stop
It will always go on & on & on.
Even when I pass away
My love will still go on.
I wish my love could go farther out of this world into the Galaxy.
I wish people could feel my love.
Love is a magical thing
It's God's wife,
It's Mother Nature's baby.

It is the love God gives that binds us together. It is the love we pour out to others that keeps us connected to each other and God. It is our love for one another that will go on and on and on, even when we pass away...even when we move.

My love to you all!

Pastor Don

No comments:

Post a Comment