Thursday, October 14, 2010

God Won!

Hello Friends,

Like many around the world, I was struck by the miracle that revealed itself this week when the 33 Chilean miners were successfully rescued from being buried alive in a mine for 69-70 days. What a moment of complete and utter joy. The world rejoiced as each miner made his way to the surface and into the arms of his family, friends, and rescuers.

I was particularly struck by an interview with one of the miners that was rescued (I believe he was the third one). He sat with his family, special dark glasses still covering his eyes, and he said (I am paraphrasing here), "There were two men down there with me. One was God and one was the Devil. God won!"

What a testimony to the physical and spiritual battles that must have taken place over 2000 feet into the earth! In a devotion I read this morning it said, "The draw of the flesh and the Devil's plans are a lot stronger than we'd like to think. In a moment of weakness, such as is possible for all of us, we can end up doing something we never thought we would. Only the power of God, through prayer, can make the difference." It was obvious the impact the power of faith had on the survival of these miners and on the family, friends, and country that kept vigil all those days.

There is no place that the presence and grace of God cannot reach. You may feel today that you are far from the reach of God, but you aren't! You may feel that you are buried under the rubble of life and that there is no way out, but there is! Whatever battles you are going through, when you stay focused on God through prayer, study, and worship, He always wins out!

In 1 Corinthians 15:57 it says, "But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." Hold on to this TRUTH and do not let it go. It may take some time to come out of the darkness, but the darkness will not prevail.

"God of light, fill the darkness within me. God of life, lift me from the tombs in which I find myself buried. God of strength, lift the burdens from my life and the rubble that weighs heavy on my soul. Take the victory over my life, don't let the Devil's grip pull me away from You. Lift me up and free me so that I can tell the world, 'My God always wins!' In Jesus' holy name I pray. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment